On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 12:53 AM, John Barnette<jbarnette / gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sep 3, 2009, at 3:33 PM, trans wrote:
>>
>> SM is used for more than just generating RDocs. For instance, READMEs.
>
> I've been pretty happy using <tt></tt> for inline code examples, no matter
> how small, that aren't identifiers. Does this not work for you?

Yeah it works, but ++ would be much simpler and clean.

In fact when docrails started I personally went a cleaned +:symbol+s
and friends, and there's this gotcha mentioned in the rails docs
guidelines because of it. That's people's fault because it is clearly
documented of course, but I think suggests some people indeed expect
that + covers a bit more than \A\w+\z.

I'd certainly vote for supporting the examples that have been
mentioned in the thread.