On Sep 3, 6:53    宮
> On Sep 3, 2009, at 3:33 PM, trans wrote:
>
> > SM is used for more than just generating RDocs.
>
> I've been pretty happy using <tt></tt> for inline code examples, no > matter how small, that aren't identifiers. Does this not work for you?

Not so much. It isn't very good for all uses. Certain documents are
intended for being read both as the converted HTML and the original
text. And lots of <tags></tags> hampers that. I really like RDoc.
Markdown's handling of indented content is lacking in my opinion.
Moreover I'd rather use a single markup syntax everywhere in my
project, code, README, HISTORY, etc. I don't mind have to specify a
"turn on extra processing" flag or something when I need it, but it
would be really nice if RDoc could handle a broader range of
documentation markup needs.