Eric Hodel <drbrain / segment7.net> wrote:

> On Sep 3, 2009, at 12:00, Matt Neuburg wrote:
> > $ ri String
> > /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/ruby/
> > 1.8/
> > yaml.rb:133:in `transfer': invalid subclass (TypeError)
>
> Likely you had RDoc 2 installed then it got replaced by RDoc 1 when
> you upgraded.
>
> Try re-installing RDoc 2.

Excellent.

It was very confusing there because when I looked at my gems I had rdoc
2.4.3, but when I actually asked rdoc what its version was, just as you
say, it was 1.0.1. Saying "sudo gem install rdoc" fixed the whole thing.

It was also necessary to delete the home .ri folder because the
permissions were wrong.

After that things seem to be fine.

I'm going on about this at such length because this might help someone
else...!

Thx - m.