On Sep 3, 2009, at 08:16, Intransition wrote:
> RDoc's SimpleMarkup  doesn't catch all the cases of  inline markup
> that is really useful for a Ruby documentation. I think it's checking
> for \w+ only, but adding some other punctuation marks would be
> helpful. Namely, none of the following work b/c of punctuation marks:
>
>  +ActiveRecord::Base+
>
>  +merge!+
>
>  +is_a?+
>
>  +name=+
>
>  +object.call+
>
> It would great if the Regexp could be expanded to catch these cases.

+ is for variables and variables don't have punctuation.

If you *really* want those in <tt> format, use <tt>.

RDoc makes classes and (most) methods stand out by turning them into
links.  If it doesn't link, adding a # in front should fix it.
(Single-word method calls don't get links by default since that grabs
too many common words.)