Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> El Miércoles, 2 de Septiembre de 2009, Jeremy Evans escribió:
>> Sequel is a lightweight database access toolkit for Ruby.
>
> Could you provide a short comparison between Sequel and DataMapper?
> I'm just starting a project and have no chosen yet.
>
> Thanks a lot.

Sequel only works with SQL databases.  DataMapper works with non-SQL
databases.  So if you plan to use a non-SQL database, you definitely
want DataMapper.  If you plan to use an SQL database, Sequel is a better
choice, IMO.

You may want to look at the Why DataMapper page
(http://www.datamapper.org/doku.php?id=why_datamapper), for the reasons
why the DataMapper developers recommend DataMapper.  However, that page
needs updating, as Sequel has optional support for an identity map, lazy
attributes, and strategic eager loading.

Unfortunately, I haven't put together a similar advocacy page for Sequel
yet.  The closest thing to it is probably the presentations I've given
(see http://sequel.rubyforge.org/documentation.html).

Jeremy