Rick wrote:

>>Which looks kinda like what it should do I guess.
>>

>Mark,
>
>Thanks for the reply. It work if the client closes the connection, or
>for that matter if I close it with session.close. It won't work if the
>client keeps the connection open, which is the goal for this project.
>Any ideas?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Rick

If you want a second client to be able to connect before the first has
closed its connection, that would mean you need to introduce some kind
of threading or forking in the server.

But I think you still need to tell us more about the project
specifications, what you're trying to do.  What do you mean by "doesn't
work"? What's the big picture here? Socket programming in Ruby is
usually pretty straightforward, but only when the goals are laid out
clearly. :-)

  Mark