> Fabian Streitel wrote:
>>>
>>> if your site has more than a couple
>>> of pages or there are suddenly more than two tables in your database,

I think you're wrong but not only that, I think you argue against your
case.

The way systems were built pre-1990 relied on stepwise
refinement/modularisation. You continually broke down the functionality
of the system into small chunks obeying the rules of coupling etc. In
the early 70s I recall Kodak UK having a rule that no module (PL/I)
should be more than a page of source. Systems could grow to enormous
size but still remain in highly digestible pieces. Spaghetti was not on
the menu.

What you are implying is that a programmer can only be trusted to fill
in gaps created by the designer of a framework. On the contrary, they
must first learn how to develop in an modular way. A framework shouldn't
be a crutch.