On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 11:20 AM, Robert
Klemme<shortcutter / googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 28.08.2009 19:43, Bertram Scharpf wrote:

> Your point demonstrates though that catch throw might be superior because
> you explicitly declare the point of return.
I just think they are two different tools for two different tasks.

   raise SI:  end an iteration / loop
   throw/catch raise * : Whatever seems appropriate, non local exit
being a possibility

It depends heavily on the *.

I therefore reconsider my confirmation that SI is for non local exit
in general, Betram's examples have made that quite clear.

Cheers
R.