On Fri, 22 Feb 2002 11:10:15 GMT, Tobias Reif <tobiasreif / pinkjuice.com>
wrote:

>I'm using TextPad, and I like it a lot.
>
>But I'm not using ctrl-3 and other tools;
>a) I like the commandline

I'm not so deeply into the command line. I haven't used it enough lately
to know if it understands ^ or something to bring up previous commands.
Guess I'll have to play with it.

Even so, I can just ctrl-3 and run rather than switch windows and F3 or
something. Saves me an entire keystroke. This is important at my age.

>b) this makes me feel more independent from editor specific stuff.
>I could start coding with any basic editor like notepad, and wouldn't
>miss much (F8: scoped search&replace is nice for example), because I
>still have the commandline.

Yes ... I'd miss some stuff, though notepad is nearly good ...

>c) Often, I'm using several commandline windows, each for running
>different parts of the project (so I have a command history with args
>per program); I don't know if the TextPad tools offer this flexibility.

They might, but not as readily as command history would. Maybe I'll try
the command line a while and see if I like it. Thanks for the idea.

Next thing you know I'll be running emacs and linux ...

Ronald E Jeffries
http://www.XProgramming.com
http://www.objectmentor.com