--0015174bde4cc0a28004723433ef

> Would you care to expand on why the number of pages/tables swings the
> balance? You see I always go back to the fact that 20+ years ago 'we'
> built big complex systems (eg hundreds of tables/pages) and we didn't
> need Rails.

Well, 20+ years ago was 20+ years ago and if you're still stuck there and
want
to build a Web 2.0 website with CGI-only and still try to comply to all the
legal stuff, offer good security for your customers and maybe want to extend
your business to some not yet known regions or provide additional features;

well then good luck with that...
You must either be a fearless man or the best programmer ever born...

As Jason Stewart pointed out: It's really hard to keep the code clean
and readable/maintainable -- let alone fix bugs.

Then you can just as well go back further and write everything in C.
I mean it's fast and it was already there 20 years ago as well, so why
bother with Ruby at all?

So here's my point:
I can understand, if you want to do a small thing using only CGI if you are
learning and want to understand the basics, but refusing to use a framework
and all the security and maintainability it offers, just because you did so
20 years
ago doesn't seem like a wise choice to me...

Greetz!

--0015174bde4cc0a28004723433ef--