I am having a problem on my server with gems..

it manifested as it was giving me an error when starting mongrel:

RubyGem version error: rack(0.3.0 not ~> 1.0.0)

I installed and checked using gem list, and it seems to be only showing
those gems installed since I recently upgraded RubyGems.
So, using locate I saw that 0.3.0 is install in /usr/lib and 1.0.0 is
installed in /usr/local/lib .. and I cannot properly uninstall 0.3.0, I
tried deleting the files but I still get the error above. Not wanting to
mess up the gems on my server I am asking here for advice.

Ideally, I would switch RubyGems to use usr/lib as most of my gems are
installed there. I could not find it in the docs, any tips much
appreciated.

Thanks