Ron Jeffries wrote:

> We need another ruby conf, so I can chat with people and see who uses
> TextPad, and how they set it up. Advice here will be appreciated.

I'm using TextPad, and I like it a lot.

But I'm not using ctrl-3 and other tools;
a) I like the commandline
b) this makes me feel more independent from editor specific stuff.
I could start coding with any basic editor like notepad, and wouldn't
miss much (F8: scoped search&replace is nice for example), because I
still have the commandline.
c) Often, I'm using several commandline windows, each for running
different parts of the project (so I have a command history with args
per program); I don't know if the TextPad tools offer this flexibility.

Tobi

--

* peace&love.
* http://www.pinkjuice.com/