On Thu, 2009-08-27 at 00:39 +0900, Darrin Thompson wrote:
> That's all I've got so far. Any more help?

Hi,
I've had same problem a while ago - my program simply stopped to
communicate with the remote and I also couldn't figure out why. First I
was restarting the program periodically via cron and later rewrote it to
send just UDP messages. I just needed to signal another process on
another host so this was a good option for me. The program was running
(and stopping) on FreeBSD.
If you have a lot of data to send I'd consider to use xml-rpc or soap
instead or drb.

Martin