Hi,

Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In message "Re: Epic4/Ruby"
>     on 02/02/22, Jonas Bow <jonas / rfc1918.com> writes:
>
> |> Although I know fuzziness of the license, these three statements below
> |> are misleading at most.  I hope you're not trying FUD against GPL.
> |
> |What do you mean with FUD against GPL? It's not just my own opinion that
> |GPL is the best way to destroy intellectual efforts.
>
> First of all, GPL does not necessarily destroy intellectual efforts.
> It just hinders "some kind of" software business.

Like beeing used, for example.

> Second, the Ruby interpreter comes unter terms that (bit vague but)
> harmless to commercial software, no matter how your lawyer says.

No matter what you and I think, what the lawyers says will control the
future of Ruby in some important areas.

Of course I do respect your decisions about your Ruby implementaion. The
only thing I can hope for is a non crippled Ruby implementaion in the
future with a Apache license or a BSD license.

regards,
	jonas