On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 12:07 PM, Pito Salas<rps / salas.com> wrote:
> I would like to take a Ruby app that I've written (that includes a bunch
> of .rb files and other resources) and to other platforms (I am using Mac
> OS X).

A couple of resources to look at:

http://rawr.rubyforge.org/
http://copiousfreetime.rubyforge.org/crate/
http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/rubyscript2exe/index.html

Of those, I have only ever used rubyscript2exe and that was quite
awhile ago for a very simple app.  I've looked at rawr since we use
JRuby quite a lot these days, but haven't actually had a use case yet.
 We only really distribute apps internally, and for that we build gems
and serve them from an internal web server.