Tadeusz Bochan wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying read my email from BT Yahoo cos they seem to have withdrawn
> their archive facility recently.
>
> However, when I try the following, it just hangs forever :
>
> loginid=%w{myuserid mypass}
> pp (imap = Net::IMAP.new("mail.btinternet.com",587))
> pp (imap.capability # or imap.authenticate("LOGIN",*loginid))
>
> Seems to connect ok, but then NUTTIN !
>
> Any suggestions please ?
>
> (or does anyone know why Yahoo pulled the plug on their archive option
> ?)

I don't know what BT Yahoo is, but do you pay a yearly fee?  As far as I
know, Yahoo! does not allow access to their mail servers unless you pay
them--although I think some international versions do allow free access
to POP3 mail servers.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071029185456AAWGQAK