On 23.08.2009 01:28, Kent Friis wrote:

>> I am interested in ease of implementation and debugging.
>
> Debugging is lots easier with processes, as one process cannot
> accidentally overwrite data of another (shared memory is possible,
> but needs to be allocated explicitly).

IMHO a multitude of processes does not necessarily ease debugging.  If
you need to find out which process is running berserk or exhibiting a
bug that may be more difficult than debugging of a single interpreter
process.  Also, if there are communication issues between two processes
that may be difficult to debug as well.

Having said that, both approaches are pretty easy to implement, given
that DRb is a full fledged remote object call feature (similar to RMI
and CORBA).

Kind regards

	robert

http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/