On 22 Aug 2009, at 21:50, Brad Mr wrote:
> Karl von Laudermann wrote:
>> _why the lucky stiff appears to have disappeared from the internets!
>> http://daringfireball.net/linked/2009/08/20/resig-why
>
> On thing i do know is that he was working on Shoes 2, and on his Shoe
> web site he had references to two other languages that he though was
> neat (Scala or Clojure I think), but the other one he mentioned a lot
> and deserved a look at was REBOL.
> http://www.rebol.com/index-lang.html

I know _why? had a background in the Amiga scene so it's no surprise
that he mentioned Rebol. There are also certain conceptual
similarities between Shoes and Rebol/View which hint at a similar
outlook on the nature of networked applications, although the
underlying languages have different priorities.

Unfortunately it's very hard for a language to gain traction unless a
particularly successful project is based on it and Rebol currently
lacks that. The closed source commercial model behind development also
makes it that bit less attractive in a world overflowing with powerful
open source languages.

Ellie

Eleanor McHugh
Games With Brains