I'm trying to learn Ruby; just started. I like what I've understood
very much, but I've hit the concept of blocks and bounced. :-( I've
read the reference manual, and Andy and Dave's book, but I still can't
seem to grasp what blocks are about. My main difficulty seems to be
telling the difference between when and how a block is defined, and
when and how it's used. I'm not even sure that 'defined' and 'used'
are appropriate concepts. Can anyone explain this to me in words
simple enough for a C++ programmer to understand? ;-) TIA.

Pattern-chaser

"Who cares, wins"