On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 09:35:47 -0500, Gregory Brown wrote:

Hi all,

> Speaking as one practicing Buddhist (and by no means for all Buddhists):
>
> Things are impermanent by themselves... a volitional destructive act is
> not a helpful lesson in impermanence, but something that adds
> unnecessarily to suffering.
>
> At the very least, it'd help to not conflate "disappearance" with
> "obliteration".  While (like anything else) we can learn from any
> phenomena, we don't need to make life any harder than it already is.
>
> -greg

I only hope he's ok, as it seems like an act of someone not in the right
frame of mind. Obviously I have no evidence to support that, but if he
has suffered a breakdown I hope someone's there to look after him. People
often try to disappear from the rest of the world when they're depressed.
Rational thoughts are not high on their priority list!

I don't know. But I'm certainly not going to call it a 'dick act' or
ridicule him for doing what he's done without knowing the facts!

--
Mark