On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 8:31 AM, Ben
Christensen<benjchristensen / gmail.com> wrote:
> I've started down a path of doing various performance tests to see what
> kind of impact will occur by using Ruby and in my first test the numbers
> are very poor - so poor that I have to question if I'm doing something
> wrong.

1.8.6 is pretty slow, compared to other impls. Ruby 1.9 and JRuby will
perform better, as shown by a few folks. JRuby on a Java 6 JVM with
--fast and --server should perform very well.

I'm also pretty confident that I can get JRuby within a few times Java
performance for non-numeric CPU-intensive tasks. Just not sure when it
will be a priority to make it happen.

- Charlie