> hi
> when im running a code like this
>
>      a = 0
>       Thread.start{
>       while true
>         puts "#{a+=1}"
>       end
>       }
>
> This will be terminated automatically but wont keep on looping as
> expected.

When a Ruby program terminates, all threads are killed, regardless of
their states. (pickaxe2 p. 137)

> And by my test, the running result will always terminated while a =
> 41.means
> after putting "41" it stops.

It seems strange to me that the thread would get killed at the same
point every time.

> Im doing this in windows vista. I dont know if its OS related issue or
> not.
> or maybe im doing wrong ? anyone can tell me?

...you can wait for a particular thread to finish by calling that
thread's Thread#join method.  The calling thread [e.g. your main
program] will block until the given thread is finished...If you don't
want to block forever, you can give join a timeout parameter...
(pickaxe2 p. 137)