Often I find myself in IRB wanting to see a list of methods available to
me for the object I have. So I can do object.methods and get the list.
But what if I only want to see the methods unique to the class I'm
working with and not the superclasses?

For example, let's say I want to see what methods Integer has, but not
Numeric and not Object. If I go to the Core Documentation, I find that
the methods list should look something like:

chr   denominator   downto   from_prime_division   gcd   gcd2   gcdlcm
induced_from  lcm   next   numerator   prime_division  succ   times
to_i   to_r   upto

But if I do this in IRB, it appears I only get unique class methods

irb(main):068:0> (Integer.public_methods - Object.public_methods).sort
=> ["induced_from"]

Is there a way to get a list that includes class AND instance methods
that are unique?

Thank you.