Hi all,

Rather difficult problem I have I think.

I am processing large amounts of data and at the end of processing I
wish to remove all unprintable characters from the resulting file.

At the moment I have to load the file up into a good text application
and run a find and replace find the following phrase

find: [^[:print:]]
replace:

I then select regular expression of the find and replace and it goes off
and looks for all unprintable characters and replaced them with nothing.

Ideally I would like to do this in Ruby, something like

data.gsub([^[:print:]], "")

Obviously it is far more complex that this and I am looking for input.

Thanks in advance