Hi all

I'm new to programming, and new to Ruby.

I've written a little program listed below, a very simple math test, to
get into the swing of things.

My question; could someone point out what I could do to make this more
elegant, and any mistakes etc.  - basically a critique would be most
welcome.

I think this would give me some real help in understanding what I need
to learn next.

Many thanks for your time

s.

puts "Please enter your name:"
firstname = gets.chomp

number1 = rand(100)
number2 = rand(100)

operatorarray = ["+", "-"]
randop = rand(2)
getoperator = operatorarray[randop]

question =  number1.to_s + getoperator + number2.to_s

answer = eval "#{number1} #{getoperator} #{number2}"

puts "Welcome to MathTest!"

puts "#{firstname}" + ", here is your first question:"

puts question
usranswer = gets.chomp

if
  eval "#{usranswer} == #{answer}"
  puts "Correct!"
else
  puts "Incorrect. The answer is " + "#{answer}"