Hi,

Sorry, but I lost the orginal 'Setting the Ruby' mail where the sender
asked for ways and suggetions to get Ruby more in widespread use around the
world.

I would suggest these things to be important for bringing out Ruby to the
world:

1. A stronger Open Source connection, and especially to the Linux
community. I think that is why Perl and Python has gained so widespread use
so quickly, because these languages is much used for system administration
and networking for Unix boxes, as well as web development, often in the
same environment. Linux users tend to use these, beside C, to get things
going on their systems.

What Ruby needs here is publicity in the Open Source community, a couple of
more stories on Linux Today would help alot, with suggestions of
implementations.

A free IDE for Linux would also be a great help.

2. A large module and script archive like CPAN, that covers many areas,
especially web tools.

3. Applications written in Ruby.

4. Overviews of ways to use Ruby, especially for real businesses.

5. Congresses and gatherings to keep Ruby on the edge.

6. Co-operations with Object Oriented businesses, writers, programmers,
application developers to keep this development at a dynamic pace.

Regards,

Jostein