Excerpts from Joe's message of Tue Aug 11 14:31:53 -0400 2009:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to configure Apache so I can create multiple rails projects without
> modifying httpd.conf everytime. Right now, I have one project setup and a
> apache virtualhost that points to it. Here is how I have it configured.
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
> ServerName rails.example.com
> DocumentRoot /var/www/rails_project/public
> RailsEnv development
> </VirtualHost>

Hi Joe,

AFAIK, that's not possible with passenger. I believe that a new vhost is
needed for every rails application on your machine (someone please
correct me if I'm wrong).

If you have an existing vhost with something else on it, you can specify
that your rails application is in a subdirectory of that document root
like this:

<VirtualHost *:80>
  ServerName rails.example.com
  DocumentRoot /var/www/rails_project/public
  RailsEnv development
  RailsBaseURI /rails
</VirtualHost>

Regards,