Hi,
I'm trying to configure Apache so I can create multiple rails projects without modifying httpd.conf everytime. Right now, I have one project setup and a apache virtualhost that points to it. Here is how I have it configured.

<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName rails.example.com
DocumentRoot /var/www/rails_project/public
RailsEnv development
</VirtualHost>

I would like to be able to set my documentRoot to /var/www and access my projects by appending the project directory name to the url (e.g. rails.example.com/rails_project).

For instance, when I set it up like that it I can access a project that is located in /var/www/rails_project, by going to rails.example.com/rails_project/public.

But I have routing problems after that. Here is what I get when clicking on "About your applications environment"

Not Found
The requested URL /rails_project/public/rails/info/properties was not found on this server.

I'm stuck here, so any help is really appreciated.

Thanks