On Aug 8, 2009, at 4:35 PM, Luis Lavena wrote:

>> I wrote Rake tasks to build a cross-compiling Ruby, and
>> then cross-compile gems before I'd even heard of rake-compiler. I
>> think rake-compiler is an awesome bit of software, don't get me
>> wrong,
>> but I'm loathe to convert 20+ projects to use it now when I already
>> have something that works pretty well.
>>

> Then perhaps I was looking at the wrong code, since couldn't find over
> the repository:
>
> http://www.deveiate.org/projects/BlueCloth/browser
>
> Any indication of cross compilation tasks.

Check here:

   http://repo.deveiate.org/rake-tasklibs/file/bc0c72d95663/win32.rb

I have a single directory of rake tasks for all my other projects that
gets checked out under the top-level directory.

I'd appreciate any suggestions you might have for me if you see
something glaringly wrong. I stitched the tasks together out of a
couple of blog posts on the subject I found, and I know very little
about Win32 or binary gems. They seem to work when I test them, but I
might be doing something horrible.

--
Michael Granger <ged / FaerieMUD.org>
Rubymage, Architect, Believer