Brian, I really appreciate the quick reply and the insight.  Our team
was contemplating upgrading to Ruby 1.9 for all the new features but
have concerns with any regression.  Will you tell me why you reccommend
staying on 1.8.6 for production rather than 1.9?  Also how do you enter
the accented e on "Café"
in the console (IRB)?

Thanks in advance.