Robert Klemme wrote:
> 2009/8/10 Peter Bailey <pbailey / bna.com>:
>> I have a lot of image processing scripts. Sometimes, rarely, they'll
>> simply fail because some of the images might be bad. But, I need to know
>> whether or not the images got processed or not. So, because an image
>> failure can literally lead to the whole Ruby script just failing, I'd
>> like to create a separate script that simply lists all of the files in
>> the input directory (separately from the processing script) and checks
>> to see if they all got processed or not.
>
> I am not sure I understand the requirement from this.  Why do you need
> a separate script?  What stops you from invoking a method in the same
> script that does the check?
>
> Kind regards
>
> robert

This second script is the one that's doing the check. The first script
needs to process the images, meaning, it converts them to various other
formats. And, if the image processing fails (it's calling an outside
image processing utility), then, the whole Ruby script can simply fail,
too. If I have 50 files coming in, then, I'll need to know whether or
not those 50 files went to their proper destinations in their proper
formats. If the image processing fails for any reason, and the Ruby
script simply dies, too, then, I'll need to know that.
Thanks.