In your copy of the Agile book, look at the section entitled "working
with non-model fields" (section 22.7 or 23.7 depending on which edition
you have). Replace text_field_tag with radio_button_tag or check_box_tag
as appropriate. Then your controller can read params[:color] or
whatever, and style the response appropriately.

You'll find more info in the Rails API documentation under
ActionView::Helpers::FormTagHelper - go to http://api.rubyonrails.org/

However I'm afraid your question has very little to do with Ruby (the
programming language).

For help with Rails (the web application framework), you would be best
advised to ask your question on a Rails mailing list or forum. There are
some Rails users here, but this is not the primary focus of this mailing
list.

For help with styling web pages, you could ask a CSS mailing list.

If you want the style changes to be reflected immediately when someone
presses a button, you'll want to use Javascript and/or a Javascript
helper library (I prefer jQuery over Rails' default Prototype). Again,
there are separate mailing lists for those.

HTH,

Brian.