>     Ruby selectively integrates many good ideas taken from Perl,
>     Python, Smalltalk, Eiffel, ADA, Clu, and Lisp.  (Ruby is more
>     fully OO than Python in so far as basic types such as hashes can
>     be subclassed. See Ruby FAQ 1.4.) Ruby combines these ideas in a

Ruby is no longer more OO than Python (at least as pointed out in this
FAQ),
as of Python 2.2.  See this:

http://www.amk.ca/python/2.2/

(items 2 & 3)

Python now lets you subclass basic types, too;  and, has iterators
& generators, as Ruby does.  There might still be differences, &
I see from google that this was hashed over in December,

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&threadm=lyu1wqb1fk.fsf%40leia.mandrakesoft.com&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fhl%3Den%26q%3Dpython%2B2%26btnG%3DGoogle%2BSearch%26meta%3Dgroup%253Dcomp.lang.ruby

but, someone should lower the flag, & fix the FAQ.

JDonner