On Aug 8, 2009, at 12:24 , Roger Pack wrote:

I cleaned it up for you:

> >ruby test\functional\store_controller_test.rb -n
> test_gives_single_discount
>
> # this one works ^^^^^^
>
> # this one fails vvvvvv
>
> >ruby test\functional\store_controller_test.rb -testcase
> test_gives_single_discount
>
> but --testcase is supposed to be a test pattern...anybody know what's
> going on here?  I'm thinking this is a bug.

no, --testcase MAY take a pattern, and you didn't provide one
(patterns start with "/" like default regexps). But that isn't your
problem. This should shed some light:

502 % ruby -rtest/unit -e 0 -- --help
Test::Unit automatic runner.
Usage: -e [options] [-- untouched arguments]

     -n, --name=NAME                  Runs tests matching NAME.
                                      (patterns may be used).
     -t, --testcase=TESTCASE          Runs tests in TestCases matching
TESTCASE.
                                      (patterns may be used).