On Aug 7, 9:04=A0pm, Michael Granger <g... / FaerieMUD.org> wrote:
> On Aug 7, 2009, at 4:00 PM, Luis Lavena wrote:
>
> > On Aug 7, 9:37 am, Michael Granger <g... / faeriemud.org> wrote:
> >> You can also fetch the binary gem from:
>
> >> =A0 =A0http://deveiate.org/code/bluecloth-2.0.5-x86-mingw32.gem
>
> > If you switch to rake-compiler you can deliver Windows native gems
> > from the convenience of Linux or OSX.
>
> But I'm already delivering them from the convenience of OSX! :)

Glad to hear that!

> I tested it using a friend's Windows box, but the gem above was built =A0
> on my Mac Pro. I wrote Rake tasks to build a cross-compiling Ruby, and =
=A0
> then cross-compile gems before I'd even heard of rake-compiler. I =A0
> think rake-compiler is an awesome bit of software, don't get me wrong, =
=A0
> but I'm loathe to convert 20+ projects to use it now when I already =A0
> have something that works pretty well.

Then perhaps I was looking at the wrong code, since couldn't find over
the repository:

http://www.deveiate.org/projects/BlueCloth/browser

Any indication of cross compilation tasks.

I'm not wanting to force you use another tool or transform your
projects, just wanted to ease the burden on helping others.

Cheers,
--
Luis Lavena