On Aug 7, 2009, at 4:00 PM, Luis Lavena wrote:

> On Aug 7, 9:37 am, Michael Granger <g... / faeriemud.org> wrote:
>> You can also fetch the binary gem from:
>>
>>    http://deveiate.org/code/bluecloth-2.0.5-x86-mingw32.gem
>
> If you switch to rake-compiler you can deliver Windows native gems
> from the convenience of Linux or OSX.

But I'm already delivering them from the convenience of OSX! :)

I tested it using a friend's Windows box, but the gem above was built
on my Mac Pro. I wrote Rake tasks to build a cross-compiling Ruby, and
then cross-compile gems before I'd even heard of rake-compiler. I
think rake-compiler is an awesome bit of software, don't get me wrong,
but I'm loathe to convert 20+ projects to use it now when I already
have something that works pretty well.

--
Michael Granger <ged / FaerieMUD.org>
Rubymage, Architect, Believer