Hi,

In message "patch to allow dump/load to work on DATA objects"
    on 02/02/20, Joel VanderWerf <vjoel / PATH.Berkeley.EDU> writes:

|I don't think there's any *general* way to marshal objects that have a C
|struct attached to them (i.e., created with DATA_MAKE_STRUCT or
|DATA_WRAP_STRUCT) and which contain arbitrary data (including references
|to Ruby objects), so here's a patch that cleanly adds that
|functionality.

Thank you for interesting idea.  I'm thinking of a new marshal
framework that is highly customizable via Serializer objects.  I think
I'm going to fix this "problem" too in that framework.

The framework should:

  * separate object traversal and object serialization.
  * object serialization scheme can be defined by users by defining
    Dumper/Loader class pair.

But it still is a vague idea.  I have too much vapor ideas. ;-)

							matz.