Morning,

  I have a situation where I do not have the ability to add gems into
production.  I can provide a ruby script to be ran by the Operations
Team, but I can't ask that they install a gem I use.  Also, stuck at
Ruby v.1.8.5.

  Is it possible to 'package' a gem into a directory structure with my
app?  For example:

\<appfolder>
  app.rb
  config.yml
  README.txt
  \gem
    \fastercsv
    \ruby-sqlite3
  \lib
    \sqlite3

  How would I go about telling my app to use these gems in my directory
structure and not any that might happen to be available in the system
(or not)?  Then I could zip up the whole directory, send to operations,
where they would install this app and run according to instructions.

  I hope I described this right.  If not let me know how I can add to
this confusion. :)

Thanks
Eric