On Aug 3, 2009, at 18:26 , Diego Bernardes wrote:

> I need to implement a animated chart in ruby, im using gtk.
> Anyone have a idea?
> The animation, needs to be smooth.
>
> Cairo? RMagick(too slow to draw a chart 30 times a second)? any other
> plot gem? anyone know one?

One of the ex-seattle.rb members did some REALLY pretty realtime full
screen graphics stuff using cairo and ruby back in the day. It used
continuations and all sorts of stuff that went over my head. What
didn't go over my head was the pretty and the slick.

That was back in 2002 or so... so I can't find it... but rcairo should
be able to meet your needs just fine.