On Aug 1, 10:16=A0am, Perdikis Perdikis <mm... / msn.com> wrote:
> I know that my questions will NOT be answered even thogh are pretty
> simple for some guru guys like you..
>
> I hope is posted in the correct section..
>
> Like a classic n00b I followed a video tutorial to install ruby, rails,
> gem etc..Is the classic tutorial by Kevin Skoglund..
>
> He teaches it in his MAC so some things are a bit different there..
>
> In a step he installs MySQL and somehow he connects it to Ruby!
>
> I could not even write in CMD mysql -version and get an answer.. Finally
> I did it by reading another topic in the forum..
>
> But I still get error when I try to browse my project..
> "We're sorry, but something went wrong."
> "We've been notified about this issue and we'll take a look at it
> shortly."
>
> I attached the development log..
>
> It says something about sqlite.. Probably it tries to find something
> different than mysql?
>
> How to I make knows that it needs mysql?
>
> I am curious if someone can make a noob like me to get this work!

Please follow this tutorial:

http://blog.mmediasys.com/2009/07/06/getting-started-with-rails-and-mysql/

has been created for people getting started with Ruby and Rails on
Windows.

Also, you need to use MySQL 5.0, not 5.1, since the mysql Ruby
bindings are going to fail, read the post details.

HTH,
--
Luis Lavena