> It will certainly work but you'll end up with Java written
> with Ruby syntax.

This was playing in the back of my head. But makes more sense when
detailed from another person's perspective.  A sensible argument one
would expect from purists.

          Hence I have given up trying perfect my java -> ruby
translation skills. The focus now is on how to implement the classes
better in ruby using the language features. The price is time which we
have agreed on paying. We could do the API from the scratch but feel
that would consume a lot of time in requirements analysis itself let
alone development and testing.

Thanks
Venkat