On 30.07.2009 18:17, Venkat Akkineni wrote:
> Robert Klemme wrote:
>> On 30.07.2009 00:32, Venkat Akkineni wrote:
>>>      Is there a parallel to Format/NumberFormat/DecimalFormat in ruby?
>> printf, sprintf and % operator for String comes to mind.
>
> Thanks for the reply. But as you know java.text api provides the
> facility to handle dates, text, numbers in a language independent
> manner.

Well, that's what you get with incomplete specifications.  You did not
mention that you need the locale awareness of those.  :-)

> In other words of sayin it will let you set date formats ,
> number operators etc based on the locale you are dealing with. We have
> resorted to writing an API after failing to find one.

AFAIK there is no locale aware version of the *printf family of methods.
  Maybe there's a gem though or a pointer in RAA.

Kind regards

	robert

http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/