On Jul 30, 9:34=A0pm, Bruno Sousa <brgso... / gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your reply Luis!
> I sincerely appreciate your job developing ruby installer.
>
> Actually, my question is about what differs thishttp://rubyforge.org/frs/=
download.php/18566/ruby186-25.exefrom thisftp://ftp.ruby-lang.org/pub/ruby/=
binaries/mswin32/ruby-1.8.6-i386-msw...
> except for the fact there is a instalation wizard :P

Well, you need then to better format your questions, because I read
your messages twice and couldn't find that specific question.

The file available at ruby-lang FTP server is not a complete and
functional installation of Ruby.

I requested Ruby-Core and website maintainers to state that at the
downloads page:

http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/downloads/

"Please note that some of the above binaries will require manual
download and installation of additional components detailed on this
page. Please ensure you=92ve followed/performed these steps prior
reporting a bug.

The One-Click Installer does not require these additional tasks."

And my request and the reasoning behind it:

http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-core/24571

Playing more dumb on your question, you're pointing to a Ruby
installer version 1.8.5, which differs A LOT from 1.8.6 ir 1.9.1,
which I'm not going to explain over here.

--
Luis Lavena