Rainer wrote:
> On 29 Jul., 19:26, Marvin Glker <sutn... / gmx.net> wrote:
>   ERROR:  could not find gem wxruby-ruby19 locally or in a repository
>
> Any further ideas?

What's the version of RubyGems you are using?
This is the search result on my Windows XP SP3:
>ruby -v
>ruby 1.9.1p129 (2009-05-12 revision 23412) [i386-mingw32]
>gem -v
>1.3.5
>gem search wxruby-ruby19 --remote
>
>*** REMOTE GEMS ***
>
>wxruby-ruby19 (2.0.0)

Are you using the mswin32 version of WxRuby? I run into problems
compiling it with MSVC and after many attempts I gave up and switched to
MinGW. I don't have any problems with this now.
BTW, WxRuby doesn't work with another version of Ruby 1.9 yet as with
1.9.1-p0. This is due to a change in the C API of Ruby. I was promised
that this will be fixed in the next release (see
http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/187872#new ), but I don't know when this
will be (and since I'm using Linux Ubuntu most I won't recognize a new
Windows release quickly).

Rainer wrote:
>P.S.: I see that you posted your answer via ruby-forum. Does that mean
>I should rather post there instead of comp.lang.ruby?
It's the same. comp.lang.ruby is mirrored by ruby-forum.com and
everything you post to the mailing list is visible to the people on
ruby-forum.com. The same goes the other way round.

Marvin