Hi all,
I've found something a bit weird while trying to make a C extension
wrapping a custom network library :
 - My extension creates a BaseClient class with a method 'receive' (it
basically wait a response from a server for a given period of time)
 - I created a ruby class Client that inherits from BaseClient. In the
constructor of this class, I create a thread that loops on the method
receive(). Note that in my C code, the receive function does a
WaitForSingleObject (Windows equivalent of pthread_cond_wait ) with a
timeout of 100ms

My problem is that even if my reception thread is in a wait state, my
main thread doesn't run smoothly (it freezes while the other thread
calls Client#receive).
I tried to place a Thread.pass between each iteration of the loop,
that's a little better but still far from what I expected.

Tested on Ruby 1.8.7 and ruby 1.9.1 (thought that native threads would
solve my problem, but not at all).

My code is the following :

require 'TestClientBase'
  class Client < ClientBase