--0016364993ad31f2fa046f83c1ff

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 8:02 PM, Glen Holcomb <damnbigman / gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried Watir but after a while of clicking on links inside the app Safari
> hangs.  I was looking at Selenium but the gem didn't seem to install all
> the
> required files.
>
> I need javascript because the vendor decided that the login form should be
> javascript so that that one frame can be SSL encrypted while leaving the
> rest of the content clear, to increase performance under high load I guess.

You could try using Celerity, which is a JRuby equivalent for Watir. In most
cases it
should be API compatible with Watir, but it is based on HttpUnit (a pure
Java HTTP
client for testing) instead of automating a browser.

Its faster than Watir, and likely to be much less memory intensive. It also
has a built
in JavaScript interpreter (Rhino), and has some special features for working
with
SSL enabled sites (its easy to set it up not to verify - under Watir this
behaviour
is not within API control).

As its JRuby, you might get better luck having these processes work for
extended
periods, which might fit your use case better.

regards,
Richard

--0016364993ad31f2fa046f83c1ff--