Hello !

  RubyPack

Recently I've started to develop software using Ruby. It was terrible
that I had to install (as root) all apps into some special directory.
Another way was just to join all files into one (something like "$ cat
./*.rb >myprog"), but I've found prettier method:

The idea of my programme is to pack all files and then to zip. First
line (how to execute) will contain path to my programme (like any
script).

To use it we have to copy "rbz" to any directory of "$PATH" (I use
~/bin, you could work with /usr/local/bin).

To build .rbz file you have to:

$ rbz pack <rbz filename> <list of ruby files>
$ chmod a+x <rbz filename>

Now you can start your application like any other:
$ ./<rbz filename>

Copy it to $PATH and enjoy ;)

You can get RubyPack from http://sf.net/projects/rubypack