On 23 Jul 2009, at 10:57, Dido Sevilla wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 10:06 AM, Milan
> Dobrota<elitecoding / gmail.com> wrote:
>> And what are they? :)

Not sure if it counts but I port a lot of code from other languages (C/
C++/Java) to Ruby for research purposes. I also dabble in Unicon (I
was an Icon hacker for years and it was the first language I tried OO
in).

> Other languages I use, mostly as a hobby:
>
> - OCaml -- it's a neat language too, but I haven't tried using it in
> non-hobby code yet
> - Arc -- one of these days this might be the future, but it's much
> too young
> - Limbo -- Inferno, despite the name, is a cool OS

I've been meaning to play with Limbo for years to find out how it
compares to Occam and just recently picked up the Phillip Stanley-
Marbell book on Amazon for 99p plus shipping, actual coding though is
on hold until September when I take my summer holiday. I also want to
find time to get into Factor as I played with Joy for a while and like
where these Forth-like languages are going.

> - Erlang -- might be a language that will eventually become one of our
> company's core languages in due time: it's got a lot of wonderful
> things going for it

Love the platform but hate the language so I've been following Reia
development with interest.

Ellie

Eleanor McHugh
Games With Brains