On 21 Jul 2009, at 15:31, Greg Chambers wrote:
>> Gary Wright
>
> Okay, not too bad.  Wait, if I send the fixnum ahead of time, is the
> number of bytes I need to receive dependent on how long the message is
> still?  Or is there a way to send an integer always using 4 bytes or
> something like that?

Post us some code so that we can see what you're doing and make
relevant suggestions.

Also take a look at some of the presentations linked to in my sig, in
particular the Semantic DNS and Shoes presentations, as there are
simple examples of writing UDP and and TCP client-server systems in
both. The code will designed to be instructive rather than
prescriptive though so you'll have to play with it if you need to use
it in a production environment.

Ellie

Eleanor McHugh
Games With Brains