Viktor Zacek wrote:
> If you want to use JDBC with JRuby you need the ojdbc14.jar from oracle
> homepage.

But he also said he was running ruby 1.8.6, which is not JRuby. And he
explicitly gets this message:

"warning: ActiveRecord-JDBC is for use with JRuby only"

So that's the problem - following someone's instructions for JRuby when
you're not running JRuby :-)

I'm afraid I don't use Windows. Under Linux the gems I need are:

activerecord
activerecord-oracle-adapter

and I also need ruby-oci8 installed - which I build from source, and
which needs the Oracle client libraries around (I have
oracle-instantclient-devel, oracle-instantclient-basiclite,
oracle-instantclient-sqlplus)

If you go to the ruby-oci8 homepage I expect you'll find either a
ready-made Windows package, or instructions for installing it under
Windows.

HTH,

Brian.